Mohawk Valley BassCasters, Inc.
Amended: March 2016
Article 1: Name and purpose
Section 1: Name
- The name of this organization shall be, “Mohawk Valley BassCasters, Inc.” and be hereafter known as “MVBC”.
Section 2: Purpose
- The purpose of this organization shall be to enjoy the sport of bass fishing in a safe and responsible manner.
- Encourage awareness of bass fishing as a major sport.
- Offer our moral and political support to our state conservation department.
- Promote full adherence of all conservation codes, and to demand adequate environmental standards.
- Detect and report any polluter, and call public and political attention to the situation.
- Be politically, socially, and environmentally aware of issues that would tend to undermine access to public water for recreational use.
Article 2: Membership
Section 1: Number of Members
- The active membership shall not exceed twenty-six (26) people including anyone granted a leave of absence.
- Associate members (Retired) shall not count toward the active membership.
Section 2: Requirements for membership
To become a member of MVBC a person shall:
- Be at least 16 years old with parent or guardian consent if under 18 years old.
- Present themselves in person and a completed application to the membership for consideration at least one meeting prior to c below
- Be approved by a secret ballot vote. Two or more dissenting votes will be cause for denial of membership.
- Be a member of B.A.S.S.
- Have or obtain a Ct. Safe Boating Cert
Section 3: Membership Dues
Members shall comply with dues requirements as follows:
- New members will be required to pay, initiation, CBN and any applicable MVBC dues at the time of induction into this organization.
- Dues are $20.00 per month. Members are expected to pay in full at each meeting.
- In October, members may pay $200 for the entire fiscal year.
- The CBN Representative shall not be obliged to pay monthly dues provided he attends the CBN meeting for that month.
- All club dues are to be paid up to date at the October meeting. This will give an accurate count for rosters and dues that have to be submitted in October. Any member not up to date at this time will be considered “NOT IN GOOD
STANDING” Should the member choose to stay active the BASS and State dues would be their burden.
- Any member failing to keep current their B.A.S.S. membership shall be considered “NOT IN GOOD STANDING”.
Section 4: Membership Standing and Termination
- A member whose dues are three (3) months or more in arrears will be considered to be “not in good standing”.
- Those deemed to be not in good standing will have no voice in club matters nor will he be able to participate in any club function.
- A member not in good standing bears the responsibility to remedy the situation by paying back dues or petitioning the Board of Directors for an extension.
- In all cases the Board of Directors will make the determination whether or not to grant an extension or move to terminate the offending member(s).
- Termination may also result if a member fails to actively participate in club meetings and functions without giving prior notification.
- Any member missing a meeting bears the responsibility of finding out what took place at the meeting.
Section 5: Leave of Absence
- A leave of absence shall be limited to a period of one (1) year from the date on which it was granted.
- Only members in good standing will be considered for a leave of absence.
- Failure to return to an active status after one (1) year may result in termination.
Article 3: Responsibilities of the Board of Directors, Officers, and Elected Positions.
Section 1: Officer’s duties and functions
- President: Preside over all meetings and direct all official business. Appoint and oversee all committee functions. Supervise all club activities except tournaments.
- Vice President: Act as program chairman. Assist the President with his duties and preside in the absence of the President.
- Secretary: Record the minutes at each meeting. Keep records of attendance for the membership. Record and maintain all club correspondence.
- Treasurer: Maintain accurate records of all club funds. Collect dues at each meeting and handle all monetary transactions.
- Tournament Director: Take charge at club tournaments. Maintain accurate records of each tournament plus year-to-date totals.
- CBN Representative: Attend all regularly scheduled CBN meetings and report to MVBC at the next club meeting.
- Board of Directors: Meet at any regular or special meeting to resolve any matters that cannot be handled through regular channels.
Section 2: Elections
Terms and regulations
- Elections shall take place each year at the regular meeting in October.
- Only those members present and in good standing will be entitled to one vote for each office or position.
- Voting will be by secret ballot.
- If a candidate is running unopposed, the Secretary shall cast one ballot, to confirm that person for the office or position desired.
Section 3: Board of Directors
The Board of Directors shall consist of the following members. In all cases the Board meeting shall have five (5) members present to conduct the clubs business.
- Vice President
- Tournament Director
- One elected non-officer
Section 4: Alternates for the Board of Directors
In the absence of any Board member(s), or if the reason for the meeting creates a conflict of interest with any Board member(s), alternate(s) will be selected from the following members as available.
- Most recent past President
- Most recent past Vice President
- CBN Representative
Article 5: The By-Laws
Section 1: Amendments
- The By-Laws may be amended, by a majority vote, at any scheduled club meeting provided the membership has been notified in advance.
- Notification of proposed changes will be recorded in the minutes of the meeting and posted on our website as soon as possible. Members that miss a meeting are responsible for finding out the details and being informed at the next meeting.
The rules contained in “Roberts Rules of Order (as revised), shall govern the meetings in all cases to which they are applicable.